Click here for a PDF version of this page.
What is Basket Wars? Affiliates and/or individuals create a “basket” (can be any kind of container) with books or items a reader or writer could use (imaginations needed). Once at the OWFI Conference, the basket is checked in with Shelley Pagach. A silent auction then earns money to help with the conference expenses and scholarships. Individuals or affiliates may donate more than one “basket.”
Basket Wars 2016 brought in $1,425.00. With that, we can provide 7 full and 2 one-day conference scholarships this year. Let’s see if we can beat that!
Includes 2 divisions: A division for large baskets includes containers with 15 or more items; a division for small baskets includes containers with 14 or fewer items. A token of our appreciation will be given for the following:
- Large basket by an individual which brings the highest bid in the auction.
- Small basket by an individual which brings the highest bid in the auction.
- Large basket by an affiliate which brings the highest bid in the auction.
- Small basket by an affiliate which brings the highest bid in the auction.
- Be creative! Be as generous as possible, but REMEMBER this is a voluntary project.
- If you know ahead of time that you want to donate a basket, send me an email at email@example.com with BASKETWARS in the subject line.
- Include in the email:
- Name of person or affiliate.
- Name of contact person for an affiliate.
- Email address and best phone number for contact person.
- You will receive a confirmation email along with a Basket Information form, which will need to be attached to your basket (container) when it is checked in at the conference. Download a Basket Information form by clicking here.
- The results of the silent auction will be posted by the tables where the baskets are displayed.
- We are extending the auction to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, May 6th. Winners will be announced no later than 4:15 p.m. Please have your basket picked up by 4:45 p.m.
- We will accept cash, check, and credit card (if the registration desk is available to assist)