Feeling stuck? Need feedback on your work, an honest opinion about story development, language use, grammar, characterization, dialogue or something else? Make an appointment with the OWFI Conference Book Doctor for a manuscript review. There will be a limited number of appointments available at the conference!
Submit up to 25 pages of your manuscript and a short synopsis of your work and our Book Doctor Mari Farthing will review your work, addressing any issues or concerns you might have and offering suggestions and feedback.
Your manuscript should be formatted with 12-point Times New Roman (or other easy to read) font, double-spaced, 1” margins, page numbers, title of work and your last name in the header or footer of each page, save as either a Word .doc or a .pdf.
- Submissions are open from March 1–31.
- $50 fee paid at submission.
- 15-minute appointment shifts will be open at the conference on Friday, May 5 and you will be invited to reserve your spot. If you are unable to schedule a shift, your manuscript and review will be returned via email.
Hard copy or digital entries will be accepted at the conference.
- For hard copy entries, bring your formatted manuscript to the registration desk during open hours on Friday (from 8:00am–noon) with your $75 check (payable to OWFI)
- For digital entries, upload your formatted manuscript with your $75 credit card payment prior to noon on Friday.
- 15-minute appointment shifts will be open at the conference on Saturday, May 6 and sign-up will be available on this page.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get your work reviewed by an award-winning editor!
Along with serving as the OWFI conference book doctor for several years, Mari Farthing is an award winning writer in her own right and has been an editor for over 10 years. She has experience working in media as a writer and an editor, and has edited books in a number of genres, including women's fiction, nonfiction memoir, thriller, suspense, horror, YA and more, including the award-winning TMI MOM book series by Oklahoma's Heather Davis and titles by Malena Lott, Cara Brookins, Christine Jarmola and Lucie Smoker.